Paramus Law Firm Provides Effective Estate Planning Services
Solutions customized for your unique circumstances in NJ and NYC
Bergen County is a diverse community of almost 900,000 residents with varied backgrounds, occupations and incomes. Yet the common denominator is that people here work hard to provide financial security for themselves and their families. Whether you’ve achieved great affluence or simply own a modest home, it’s only natural to want to pass along as much of your hard-earned wealth as possible to those whom you choose, not to the government. You don’t want estate and income taxes to eat up an excessive amount of what you worked so hard to acquire. At Whitlock Canter LLC in Paramus, our attorneys draw on 45 combined years of experience to serve our clients. We focus our practice on estate planning, estate administration, and elder law services. We can help you protect your hard-earned assets and pass them on to your loved ones in a thoughtful and tax-efficient manner.
Reputable Bergen County law firm offers practical estate planning solutions
Clients choose Whitlock Canter LLC because we have a proven track record in estate planning and elder law. When you visit us for a consultation, you’ll find we are:
- Practical — Our estate plans are designed to address real-world problems and provide trustworthy solutions that are easy to implement.
- Professional — We conduct our practice conscientiously and ethically, providing the attention and respect you deserve.
- Savvy — Many strategies can work in theory. Our attorneys target your specific concerns to find creative solutions that yield reliable, positive results.
We invite you to read the answers to some frequently asked questions we face in our estate planning practice.
Highly professional estate planning, taxation, and probate law firm in Paramus
At Whitlock Canter LLC, we recognize that everyone needs legal protection for their assets, their health, and their general welfare. Our goal is to give our clients greater security and facilitate greater legacies for their heirs. We are prepared to help you in areas related to:
- Estate planning — We assist with retirement planning for individuals and couples, so your assets are protected now and in the future. We provide a full range of wills and trusts services so clients can leave more of their wealth to loved ones on terms they approve. For owners of closely held businesses, we put together practical business succession plans. With our help, the estate planning instruments you choose will be carefully crafted to your specific situation and goals.
- Probate and estate administration — If your loved one has passed with or without a will, we can help you settle the estate swiftly and cost-effectively. Our probate lawyers guide executors and estate representatives through the process step by step. When estate litigation arises, we help ensure you have the resources to resolve conflicts constructively.
- Tax law — Our tax law practice helps clients minimize the impact of estate taxes and gift taxes. We also assist with tax audits by the IRS and the New Jersey Division of Taxation, and represent clients in litigation before the New York Department of Revenue and in United States Tax Court.
- Elder law — We help senior clients secure their health and welfare with living wills and powers of attorney. We also help seniors preserve their assets through careful Medicaid eligibility planning.
We understand it can be difficult to talk about many of the issues related to estate planning and elder law. Our attorneys strive to create a relaxed atmosphere for confidential discussions, so we can learn of your concerns and respond effectively to them.
Contact our Paramus law firm for practical strategies to protect your wealth
If you have been putting off making an estate plan, or you haven’t had your plan reviewed lately, Whitlock Canter LLC is ready to help. Our knowledgeable and attentive lawyers listen to your concerns and design custom solutions for your specific circumstances. If you live in Paramus, Bergen County, or anywhere throughout Northern New Jersey or New York City, give us a call today at 201-397-1188 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.