Bergen County Estate Planning Lawyer
Paramus Trusts & Guardianship Lawyer
Whitlock Canter LLC provides complete estate planning services to its clients throughout various stages of life. Estate planning is the process of "putting your affairs in order" to ensure your hard-earned assets are protected. An estate plan can also ensure your property and assets are passed on to your heirs in an orderly and tax efficient manner.
Are you interested in meeting with a lawyer to discuss your options in estate planning? Please contact Whitlock Canter LLC to arrange your consultation.
Updating your estate plan
Your estate plan should be updated periodically during your lifetime to address your estate planning goals during different stages in your life. If you have young children, an appropriate estate plan should include naming guardians, creating a guardianship and establishing appropriate trusts for your minor children. You will also want to secure proper life insurance coverage and implement expertly drafted estate planning documents, including a last will and testament, durable power of attorney and advance health care directive. When you reach middle age, you may need to add a credit shelter trust to your will and perhaps an irrevocable life insurance trust to update your estate plan. If you are fortunate enough to retire with significant wealth, you may want to take advantage of one or more of the many sophisticated estate planning techniques which Whitlock Canter LLC uses to effectuate a reduction of the estate tax burden on your heirs.
For more information on related topics, please see:
If you are interested in learning how our firm can help you and your family, please contact us today.
Estate Planning Frequently Asked Questions
- Why it is Important For Me To Have A WILL?
- What is a DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY?
- What is ADVANCED HEALTH CARE DIRECTIVE?
- How much are the FEDERAL and STATE ESTATE TAX EXEMPTIONS?
- What is CREDIT SHELTER TRUST?
- What is a REVOCABLE TRUST and Do I Really Need One?
- What is a IRREVOCABLE TRUST?
- What is a LIFE INSURANCE TRUST?
- What is a FAMILY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP?
- What is a GRANTOR RETAINED ANNUITY TRUST?
- What is a SALE TO GRANTOR TRUST?
- What is a GENERATION SKIPPING TRUST (Dynasty Trust)?
- What is a CHARITABLE REMAINDER TRUST and What Are Its Benefits?
- What is Asset Protection Planning?
- Is there a GLOSSARY of Estate Planning Terms?