Paramus Wills Attorney
Bergen County Wills Lawyer
New Jersey Asset Protection Attorney
Each individual and family has unique needs based upon their current stage in life. At Whitlock Canter LLC, we establish custom-drafted wills that pay specific attention to our clients' unique needs. Whether you have a new baby in the family and are interested in establishing a guardianship or you have reached retirement, and have accumulated some wealth and would like to achieve some estate tax savings through the use of a more sophisticated will, we can help. Our firm provides experienced and effective representation to those who are interested in asset protection and ensuring their assets are passed along according to their wishes.
Would like to speak with a lawyer about will inquiries? Please contact Whitlock Canter LLC to arrange your consultation.
Important reasons to have a will
Some people are under the impression that they must have a large amount of property or assets for a will to be necessary. However, people from all wealth levels are encouraged to consider the benefits of establishing a will. The following are five important reasons to have a will—even if you do not have substantial assets.
- You should name guardians for any minor children.
- If you do not have a will, your assets will pass under the laws of intestacy as dictated by state law.
- You can avoid the cost of posting a surety bond with a standard provision in your will. If you die without this provision, an administrator must be appointed to administer your will and an expensive surety bond must be posted.
- You can avoid assets being left to minor children, which would otherwise involve posting another surety bond until each child attains the age of 18, or deposit estate assets with a surrogate.
- You can control the date that your children inherit assets—without a will they will inherit at age 18—an age probably too young for most children to handle substantial funds.
Contact our Paramus, NJ law firm today to arrange your consultation.