Settling an estate can often be a frustrating time for the family of the person who died. Emotionally drained from losing a loved one, it is understandable to not be eager to tackle the burdensome paperwork required to distribute property, pay debts and so on.
At Whitlock Canter LLC, we have the estate tax knowledge and probate experience needed to guide families through this process. We take great care in filing all required estate and inheritance tax returns in a timely, efficient and professional manner, seeking to minimize the amount of taxes you have to pay.
Give us a call today to arrange your consultation. From our office in Paramus, we serve clients in both New Jersey and New York.
A Note To Executors
Our firm places a particular emphasis on the importance of having an experienced attorney assist in settling an estate's final affairs. We can help ensure your responsibilities as an executor are met. Additionally, we frequently represent out-of-state clients.
Sensitive To Our Clients' Financial Concerns
The legal fees to settle an estate vary based on the complexity of the estate.
Whitlock Canter LLC enters into a customized written fee agreement with the executor of an estate which fairly reflects the skill, time and effort necessary to efficiently settle the estate. Contact us today to learn more.
Probate Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is Probate?
- Is Probate Difficult and Expensive?
- Which Assets Pass Through Probate?
- What Is an Executor's Job?
- Is an Executor Entitled to Commissions?
- When is a Federal Estate Tax Return Required and When Is It Due?
- When Is a Lawyer New Jersey Estate Tax Return Required and When Is It Due?
- When Is a New Jersey Inheritance Tax Return Required and When Is It Due?
- When Is a New York Tax Estate Return Required and When Is It Due?
- When Can Self-Executing Tax Waivers (Forms L-8 & L-9) Be Used in New Jersey?